Friday, April 27, 2012

Greetings from southern Sweden!

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

I'm currently in southern Sweden to spend a few days with my family. My mom's birthday was this week so we have been celebrating with cake and lots of good food! My parents live in a typical small town and even though I didn't like growing up here I always miss visiting this place nowdays. Every time I'm here I feel very calm. As a teenager I despised this town but now many years later I've finally somehow reconciled with this place. Sometimes you only need a little distance to start seeing things with new eyes and to be able to give them a fair and second chance again.

Meanwhile I'm out of office I thought it would be a good oppurtunity to share with you these photos I took last week when the cherry blossoms had just started to burst in Gothenburg. Spring is really a slow starter and seems to be arriving much later in Sweden than last year. During the Easter holiday it was warm and sunny outside but afterwards it has almost only been rainy, grey, windy and chilly here. I'm still walking around in my winter coat, but hopefully it will change soon :) Seeing all the flowers pop up here and there around the city at least keeps my hope up that the warmth is on its way.

The cherry blossom trees on the picture are in a little yard very close to my apartment. When I passed them the first time I decided that I really had to bring my camera and take some snapshots of them the day after. Flowers never seems to stop fascinating me! Sometimes I feel like I can just look at them for hours.

Hope you enjoy these pics!

12 comments :

  1. Så härligt! Jag älskar det trädet. Vackra bilder! Så kul att få en uppdatering om din helg. Hoppas den fortsätter fint!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eller hur! Jag är så glad att det trädet finns nära oss så man kan bli glad varje gång man går förbi det :) Vad roligt att du gillar bilderna! Det gör mig glad. Hoppas du också har en jättefin helg!

      Delete
  2. I just want to be laying under those blossoms . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... Oh me too! They are just so wonderful!

      Delete
  3. Great pics. Even the simple things becomes awesome in the hands of a great photographer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was so kind of you to say! Thank you so much! I'm so happy to hear that you like the pictures.

      Delete
  4. These photos are breathtaking! Each blossom is a work of art, and the bright pink color is so radiant. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet words, Katherine! I'm glad you like the pictures I took of the cherry blossoms :)

      Delete
  5. Wahou those flowers are just amazing, I wish I could see beautiful flowers here as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Oh, I wish we all could be surrounded by flowers all the time. Flowers always makes people a bit more happy :)

      Delete
  6. awww cherry blossoms are my favourite!! they're gorgeous the ones where you are! wish they were here in my city as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Thanks for your lovely comment, Page! So glad to hear from you. I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures of the cherry blossoms. I wish I could send some blossoms to your city from Gothenburg :)

      Delete