Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Collected Paper Trails by Up The Wooden Hills

Collected Paper Trails by Up The Wooden Hills I can't tell you how happy I am to finally be able to share with you "Collected Paper Trails" - a project that I've been working on during the last couple of months. Some of you might already be a little familiar with it through sneak peaks on Instagram and the bazaar I attended here in Gothenburg a few weeks ago – where I secretively launced it as a test :)

Collected Paper Trails is a paper decoration collection that consists of hand-folded cranes, origami balls in two different sizes and an origami set with folding papers. All the hand-folded items functions as home decorations.

The patterns are inspired by childhood memories, summer, the beach, ice-cream, sunshades, graph paper from my mom's stationary notebooks, old amusement parks, Paris, some graph paper my dad used while making drawings of interior details he built for ships, candy bags, sprinkles, candy-floss, cakes, confetti and my grandmother's cross-stitch embroidery. Some of the patterns derive from old maps and the rest are original designs made by me.  :)
Collected Paper Trails by Up The Wooden Hills Collected Paper Trails by Up The Wooden Hills I have been working with this project parallell to designing the  Take Me To The Hamptons Collection clothing collection and they share a lot of the same inspiration.

As the title implies, it's really about collected trails on paper, old things and memories, people and trips to different places, that somehow leave a track in the heart. I have interpreted these feelings into different patterns.

 All the paper items are now available in my shop. I hope you like the collection! :) Collected Paper Trails by Up The Wooden Hills Collected Paper Trails by Up The Wooden Hills Collected Paper Trails by Up The Wooden Hills Collected Paper Trails by Up The Wooden Hills All photography by Up The Wooden Hills 2013.

6 comments :

  1. The patterns are beautiful, Lisa Marie !
    What a wonderful idea. I will order some for my new house :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Geneviève! I'm so happy that you like the patterns and that you think that this paper collection is a wonderful idea :-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Så fint det blev! Jättefina bilder och underbara kreationer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a follower in your instagram, and saw your designs there. I can't help but like your photos because they are all lovely! I'll bookmark your blog from now on. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your beautiful comment, Denise! I'm so glad that you found me through instagram and that you like my photos! So happy to hear that you like the blog as well :)

      Delete