Saturday, May 4, 2013

Work In Progress: Up The Wooden Hills - Take Me To The Hamptons (Summer's In The Air And Baby, Heaven's In Your Eyes) 2013

Work In Progress: Take Me To The Hamptons 2013
Work In Progress: Take Me To The Hamptons 2013
As promised here are the first sneak peaks from my upcoming collection! So much has happened this year, and it has made me busy with a lot of work with the brand, including orders (thank you so much!)! So the new collection had to wait a little. :) But hopefully it's going to be ready to launch during the end of this month.

This time it's titled "Take Me To The Hamptons" and it's going to be an all year around collection for 2013. Even though Up The Wooden Hills is based on the gloomy and sometimes very rainy west coast of Sweden, I figured it can be spring and summer here all year anyway, at least in our minds.

I started putting together the first sketches of the collection in end of last year. Gothenburg was so dark, cold and grey. I watched several episodes of New Girl, listened to Lana Del Rey and Jessie Ware and dreamt of ice cream in pastel colours and summer days at the beach in the Hamptons. I scrolled through Fieldguided's capture of greens & pinks from last summer and felt nostalgic about summer vacations from my childhood that included sleepovers at my grandmother Signe's place and road trips together with my family in Southern Sweden and on the island Öland, located in the Baltic Sea.

Work In Progress: Take Me To The Hamptons 
2013 During the winter here I longed for my grandmother's garden with all her flowers that included peonies, lupins, dahlias and roses. When I was a child I used to sit there and look at all the flowers and we always picked fresh raspberries, red currants, carrots, potatoes and parsley together in her garden land. During sunny days we spent a lot of time sitting out on her porch, having coffee under a parasol with floral fabric inside.

On the road trips with my family we always stopped by at numerous rest areas and had coffee that we brought in thermoses and food in a cooler bag. Sometimes we found our own spots near the roadsides by the woods and took out tent chairs that we brought with us, had fika and listened to the birds singing. :)

Work In Progress: Take Me To The Hamptons 
2012
Work In Progress: Take Me To The Hamptons 2012In every collection I always try to find the essence of Up The Wooden Hills that is "happy, beautiful and comfortable". I use dress models from past collections and rework them so that they become better and better each year when it comes to fit and look. The fabrics I've used are classic tana lawn that are included in Liberty's "Flower Show Collection". Take Me To The Hamptons also has lots of blues, similar to The Blue Hour from last year.

This year I've also put more focus to my brand's graphic profile and designed a few patterns for my paper tags, business cards, button cases and thank you cards. These patterns are also closely connected to another project that some of you already know about that I'm going to tell you more about here on the blog next week as well. :)

Work In Progress: Take Me To The Hamptons 2012
Work In Progress: Take Me To The Hamptons 2012
Work In Progress: Take Me To The Hamptons 2012
Work In Progress: Take Me To The Hamptons 2012
Work In Progress: Take Me To The Hamptons 2012
Work In Progress: Take Me To The Hamptons 2012 P.S. The cherry blossoms have started to burst here, so I guess spring time is finally on it's way. See you next week! :)
 

9 comments :

  1. Oh I am so excited about this Lisa Marie !
    I bet it's going to look very pretty. I don't wear much cotton during winter, but when the warm days are back it's just the best breathable fabric. My lovely dresses from you were in storage during the cold months and I am very happy to be able to wear them again.
    And oh, your flat looks SO beautiful. And I love your new patterns and graphics for your cards, tags etc.
    Have you ever thought of printing your own fabric ? ;-)
    love,
    Genevieve x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear that, Geneviève! I don't wear that much cotton at all eighter during the winter but I agree that it's the best breathable fabric during warmer seasons. I've recently started to wear my own dresses again now when spring time finally came to town! I'm so happy to hear that you are going to wear them too now when the warmer days are arriving!

      I'm so glad you think my apartment looks beautiful and that you like the patterns and grapics for my cards and tags, thank you! ♥ I haven't thought about printing my own fabric until you mentioned it. I got very excited about it, it's definitely something I must look into and try soon! Such a wonderful idea! :-)

      Lots of love,
      Lisa Marie x

      Delete
  2. De där pappersbollarna som du vikt själv skulle jag gärna vilja köpa. Såg dem hos "Så fint jag vill" och blev så förtjust. Skulle du kunna sälja några stycken till mig?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hej Anna! Självklart får du köpa pappersbollar! Vad roligt att höra att du såg dem på Nannas blogg och blev förtjust i dem :) Jag är i full gång med att redigera bilder och ska få upp dem till försäljning på min hemsida inom två veckor. Men om du vill köpa redan nu kan du skicka ett mail så kan vi ta det därifrån? Min adress är: info@upthewoodenhills.com
      Om du bor i Göteborg får du gärna komma förbi min studio här och titta och köpa! :)

      Delete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to see the whole collection! You always pick such beautiful fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your beautiful comment, Anna! I'm so happy to hear that you like the fabric choices too :)

      Delete
  4. Un blog magnifique !
    De belles photos !
    Des habits à fleurs que j'adore !
    Vraiment bravo à vous ! <3

    ReplyDelete